Laboratory Test DirectoryShare
Rhinovirus and Enterovirus by Real-Time PCR
Collect: NasoSwab© collection kit. See "Additional information" file.
Specimen Preparation: 1. Aseptically remove the sterile swab from package, without touching the swab head.
2. Tilt the patient's head slightly upwards. Insert the brush end downwards into the nostril all the way to the guard. Be sure to direct the swab down towards the throat and not up towards the forehead. Rotate the swab 360.
3. Aseptically remove cap from vial.
4. Break swab at molded break point and insert into transport medium.
5. Replace cap to vial. Close tightly.
6. Fill out vial label with patient information.
Storage/Transport Temperature: Room temperature
Stability: Room temperature: 5 days
MDL (Molecular Diagnostics Laboratories)