Leave a Message
Laboratory Test DirectoryShare
Accu Reference Medical Labs offers a way to identify potential allergens through the use of the most sensitive and comprehensive allergy testing technology available. Both adults and children can be tested through blood samples, and common allergic reaction triggers can be identified, particularly when combined with a detailed medical history.
Accu Reference Medical Labs also offers allergy testing for uncommon allergens, like those in regional and/or pediatric profiles, in addition to occupational allergens, including chemicals, insects and drugs.
- Allergen, Drugs, Amoxicillin
- Allergen, Drugs, Penicillin G (major)
- Allergen, Drugs, Penicillin V (minor)
- Allergen, Epidermals and Animal Proteins, Feather Mix
- Allergen, Food, Casein (Cow's Milk) IgG
- Allergen, Food, Gluten
- Allergen, Food, Goat Milk IgE
- Allergen, Food, Milk (Cow's)
- Allergen, Food, Peanut
- Allergen, Food, Rice
- Allergen, Food, Strawberry
- Allergen, Food, Wheat
- Allergens, Animal, Dog/Cat Epithelium Profile
- Allergens, Dust/Mite Profile
- Allergens, Hymenoptera, Bee Venom Profile
- Allergens, Pediatric Allergy, March (Progression) Profile
- Allergens, Pediatric Foods Profile 1
- Allergens, Pediatric Foods/Inhalants Profile
- Allergens, Pediatric Inhalants, Southwest
- Allergens, Pediatric Profile IgE
For a complete and comprehensive list of available allergen testing, visit:
At Accu Reference Medical Labs, ImmunoCAP® Specific IgE blood testing is offered. This testing methodology provides reliable, highly sensitive results of clinical value to healthcare professionals (HCPs), aiding in optimal patient management.
ImmunoCAP® Allergen Analysis
ImmunoCAP® Allergen Components enable the measurement of specific antibodies to antigenic components at the molecular level through the use of a sandwich assay. This binding is achieved through the provision of an optimal cellulose sponge matrix in each vial. This is part of a highly perfected technology that is widely regarded as the industry gold standard. While the clinical utility of these test results should always be paired with a detailed medical history, this intrinsic assay sensitivity provides strong recommendations for use in clinical practice.
At Accu Reference Medical Labs, we offer ImmunoCAP® specific IgE (sIgE) testing. The level of sIgE to any given allergen is important when evaluating a patient’s allergy status because the symptom severity is correlated with increasing amounts of sIgE. However, clinical manifestations of some allergic reactions are also dependent upon additional contributing factors. An example of this is wheat-dependent, exercise-induced anaphylaxis.
Patients that suffer from allergies and asthma, including but pollens, microorganisms, mites, animals, insects and venoms can all be assessed using the ImmunoCAP® test. Results from ImmunoCAP can be used to confirm a suspicion of allergy and to determine the offending allergen or to even rule out allergens, narrowing the suspected allergen pool. IgE antibody developments can be detected at an early stage, even before clinical symptoms have developed, enabling the identification of patients with initial allergic reactions, reactions progressing (eg, exacerbating), and even those that have progressed to suffer from chronic reactions.
ImmunoCAP® provides quantitative evidence that aid in treatment plan decision-making. It binds ~150 times more protein than a passively coated tube, and at least 3 times more protein than a paper disc. Establishing the optimal treatment regime for a patient, based off of a detailed medical history and ImmunoCAP® results, facilitates optimal symptom.
What is the Accu Reference Medical Lab Difference?
ImmunoCAP® Specific IgE blood testing helps HCPs to better manage their patients that present with allergy-like symptoms. Accu Reference Medical Lab utilizes ImmunoCAP® technology to quantitatively identify total and specific allergen sensitivities in patients. Only ImmunoCAP® testing provides the accuracy needed to assist in these diagnoses, and Accu Reference Medical Lab are excited to help you incorporate this superior technology into your practice
1. Allergy Treatment: Allergy Testing. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Website: http://acaai.org/allergies/treatment/allergy-testing. Updated: 2014. Accessed: April 11, 2016.
2. ImmunoCap® Lab Tests. Thermo Fisher Scientific. Website: http://www.phadia.com/Products/Allergy-testing-products/ImmunoCAP-Lab-Tests/. Updated: 2012. Accessed: April 11, 2016.
3. Sampson HA, Ho DG. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1997;100:444-451.
4. Sampson HA. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001;107:891-896.
5. Simpson A et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;116:744-749.
6. Valenta R et al. Clin Exp Allergy. 1999;29:896-904.
7. Heiss S et al. J Invest Dermatol. 1999;113:830-837.
8. ImmunoCAP Specific IgE Blood Test Brochure, Pharmacia Diagnostics, 99044.03.