Leave a Message
Gastroenterology (GI) Testing
Accu Reference Medical Lab offers a testing menu built on the latest and most accurate in GI diagnostics. Our gastroenterology testing menu features screens for inflammatory bowel disease, gluten and food sensitivity, peptic ulcer disease, and digestive disorders; colorectal and other gastrointestinal cancers; and liver disease and hepatitis.
Multiplex molecular tests allow for several of the most common GI pathogens to be tested at once, while providing improved analytical specificity and sensitivity versus most classical methodologies.
- Clostridium difficile Toxin B Gene (tcdB) by PCR
- Gastrointestinal Parasite and Microsporidia by PCR
- Gastrointestinal Bacterial Panel by PCR
- Gastrointestinal Parasite Panel by PCR
- Gastrointestinal Viral Panel by PCR
- Microsporidia by PCR
- Norovirus Group 1 and 2 Detection by RT-PCR
When should the testing be ordered?
- Persistent or chronic diarrhea
- Bloody diarrhea
- Diarrhea in association with systemic illness
- Immunocompromised status
- Returned traveler
- Hospitalized patient
- Outbreak identification
In healthcare settings and in specific populations (newborns/infants, elderly or immunocompromised patients), these infections are potentially serious. Rapid diagnosis is important for appropriate treatment and infection control measures.
Benefits of Accureference’s Gastrointestinal PCR Testing
- Superior sensitivity and specificity for detection of the most common enteric pathogens.
- Faster diagnosis of gastrointestinal infections with fewer tests and reduced costs.
- Easy specimen submission with no required transport media, allowing for other add-on stool testing.
- Co-infections determined by one multi-pathogen panel versus multiple tests.