Laboratory Test DirectoryShare
QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-Tube, 4 tube kits
8980The new QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus assay is optimized with tuberculosis-specific antigens that elicit both CD8+ and CD4+ T cell responses –enabling a more comprehensive assessment of cell-mediated immune response to TB infection.
|Methodology:||Cell Culture/Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay|
Collect: #1) QFT-NIL Control Tube WB 1 mL
#2) QFT-TB1 Antigen Tube WB 1 mL#3) QFT-Mitogen Control WB 1 mL
#4) QFT-TB2 Antigen Tube WB 1 mL
Specimen Preparation:Performing Laboratory
1. Collect 4 mLs of whole blood – 1 mL in each of the four QFT-Plus blood collection tubes.
2. Immediately after filling the tubes, shake them ten (10) times just firmly enough to ensure the entire inner surface of the tube is coated with blood, to solubilize antigens on the tube walls.
Note: Over-energetic shaking may cause gel disruption and could lead to aberrant results.
3. Specimens may remain ambient for up to 16 hours after collection before being placed in an incubator upright at 37°C for 16 – 24 hours.
4. After incubation, centrifuge for 15 minutes at 2000 – 3000 RCF (g).
5. After centrifugation, transport entire contents in each of the 4 original collection tubes.
Storage/Transport Temperature: Refrigerated
Stability: After incubation and centrifugation: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 4 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
Unacceptable Conditions: Whole blood.
NOTE: * This test is approved for all states. *
Accu Reference Medical Laboratory
|PDF Document||tb-gol plus collection.pdf|